How Seniors Benefit From 24-Hour Home Care in Danbury, CT
Seniors who are aging in place don’t just need care during the day. In fact, many seniors benefit the most from 24-hour home care. When your senior loved one has 24-hour home care they are less likely to suffer from anxiety or develop depression. And seniors who aren’t alone are usually happier and healthier than other seniors aging in place.
24-hour home care may not be practical for your family or senior loved one. But a combination of family care and home care can create the ideal situation for your senior loved one as they older. Some of the ways that home care can fill in the gaps created by family care include:
Weekend Home Care
If you work all week and help care for a senior loved one but need time on weekends to be with your partner and kids or to get done the things you can’t get done during the week that’s when home care can help. A care provider can look after your senior parent so that you can have the weekend time you need to do other things and take a break. And while your senior loved one is getting care from a care provider you won’t have to worry about their health or safety.
Overnight Home Care
Having overnight care for seniors who are aging at home can provide peace of mind for them and for you. There are lots of seniors that get anxious or lonely at night, and having someone with them at night can alleviate those feelings. Seniors and families often feel safer when there is a care provider with their senior loved one overnight also. If you are able to provide care and companionship for your senior parent during the day but need a break at night overnight care is a fantastic option for you and your senior parent.
Respite Care at Home
If you are caring for a senior parent that has an illness like Alzheimer’s or Parkinson’s that requires a lot of one on one care you will need regular breaks to protect your own health. Respite care is available at any time of the day or night so that you can take a mental health break, or go run errands, go on vacation, go to a spa, or just go to lunch with friends. With respite care you take the time you need to process your emotions and relax without having to be hypervigilant in caring for a senior loved one.
You’re Not Alone
When you’re caring for a senior loved one it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the responsibilities of providing care. But you don’t have to go through this alone. 24 -home care is available to fill in whenever you need another care option for your senior loved one. If you’re caring for a senior loved one alone and you’re struggling talk to a Home Care Advantage LLC today to find out more about around-the-clock care for seniors aging at home.
What is 24-Hour Home Care?
24-Hour Home Care means that a care professional, or more than one care professional are rotating shifts to care for your loved one at home. Someone is constantly awake. Caregivers work either an 8- or 12-hour shift. These services are billed on an hourly basis.
Live-In Home Care vs Hourly Home Care
There are numerous options available when it comes to in-home care for the elderly. Although live-in home care and 24-hour home care seems to be the same thing, the amount of time spent with the senior varies based on their care needs. Understanding these distinctions will help in determining whether live-in or hourly home care is best suited to your loved one’s needs.
Hourly Home Care, 24-Hours Per Day
- Two or more care professionals take turns on shifts to be awake and available day and night to guarantee the client is always taken care of.
- A dependable and alert care professional is always available to assist your loved one. They are able to be vigilant and ready when unexpected issues arise with a senior who wanders at night, requires toileting assistance at night, or may grow disoriented and just need some company and comfort.
Live-In Home Care
- Live-in care professionals care for their clients around the clock. When they are not working, they are given an 8-hour break and a room and bed to sleep in.
- Your senior loved one will feel more at ease with two scheduled caregivers. One care professional works during the week and another works on the weekends. The increased knowledge of the senior’s favored habits and moods also helps with the management of dementia diagnoses.
- Live-In Home Care may not be the ideal option for a senior who needs assistance with toileting, wandering, or has confusion at night. The care professional must be allowed to sleep, rest, and take breaks.
Senior Home Care Services in Danbury CT and surrounding areas.
At Home Care Advantage, we strive to be a reliable and trusted resource to each of our client’s and their families. We believe that subtle smiles, long talks, showing kindness and humor during difficult times, while providing the right level of care are the qualities that set us apart from other companies. It has been said that, “Home is where the heart is”. Let Home Care Advantage provide the kind of care that will enrich your life and help you maintain an independent lifestyle in the comfort of your own home, “where you want to be”.
You can be confident that our caregivers are carefully screened, dependable and selectively chosen to meet the specific needs of our clients. They are experienced and highly trained to provide excellent quality of care and follow a strict professional code of conduct and ethics. You will find that our caregivers and office staff are very respectful, supportive, understanding and trustworthy. Our caregivers are here for you. They will work hard to assist you with your specific needs in the comfort of your own home.
If you or an aging loved one are considering 24-hour home care near Danbury, CT, please call and talk to our friendly and dedicated staff. (203) 744-8380
Home Care Advantage provides quality Non-Medical Home Care for seniors and families in Danbury, Bethel, Easton, Newtown, Redding, Ridgefield, Southbury, Weston, Westport, Wilton, and surrounding areas.
- Easy Fruits And Vegetables Seniors Can Grow Indoors At Home - March 15, 2023
- Signs Of A Heart Attack All Senior Women Should Know - March 2, 2023
- Take Time to Help Your Mom Find a Pen Pal - February 15, 2023